In-keeping with the royal wedding mania today, here's a rather regal friday fives post...
5 photos of the day
- Patriotic bunting and flags at my family's royal wedding party
- Similarly patriotic dinner table
- Celebratory homemade cheesecakes
- Celebratory afternoon tea
- The kiss, of course
5 big highlights of the royal wedding today
- Kate's dress - WOW
- That first kiss on the balcony
- The amazing carriages
- The vows
- The huge roar of the crowd outside when they were pronounced man and wife
5 little highlights of the royal wedding today
- Prince William to Kate on seeing her for the first time today: "You're beautiful"
- Prince Harry to Prince William on seeing Kate for the first time, walking up the aisle: "Just wait til you see her"
- Kate on stepping out onto the balcony at Buckingham Palace: "Wow"
- Prince Harry in the carriage with the bridesmaids and pageboys - bless
- The look on Kate Middleton's father's face as he led her up the aisle
- (sorry, there are 6 definite highlights): the couple driving back to Clarence House in the vintage Aston Martin, like any newly married couple
5 best-dressed attendees
- Kate (obviously)
- Prince William and Prince Harry (obviously)
- The Queen - love the canary yellow
- Carole Middleton - very classy choice of dress
- Pippa Middleton, maid of honour - beautiful classic bridesmaid dress
5 not-so-well-dressed attendees