Tuesday 6 September 2011

Mock Turtle











Lovely readers, let me introduce you to my favourite tearoom. Regular browsers of this blog will know that I love my tea, and with that of course my tearooms, and go to a lot - and so my favourite one has to be pretty special. Well, the vintage-inspired Mock Turtle in Brighton really is.

Why? Here's a whole list of reasons...



  • Its location. It's in Brighton - my favourite quirky town and my old home for three wonderful university years - and two minutes away from the sea, so it's perfect for popping into before or after a trip to the beach. It's also near The Lanes, so perfectly positioned for a bit of vintage shopping around tea time too.

  • The colour scheme. Blue walls, dark wooden tables, blue and white china - it's a mix of seaside and vintage which works perfectly.

  • The tea. Lovely teasets and delicious loose leaf tea, and each teapot also comes with another jug full of hot water (and you can ask for more, still, if you want), so you don't have to worry about spending more money ordering another pot of tea if you want to have more than a few cups.


  • The cakes. There's a huge selection, from the traditionals like lemon and Victoria Sponge to the more unusual - think banana cake, apple and chocolate, and carrot and ginger. And they're all lovely and light.


  • The price - a pot of tea and a cake will set you back about £4, which really isn't too bad at all.


  • The atmosphere - finally, and perhaps most importantly, the Mock Turtle has a lovely, relaxed vibe to it; somewhere where you feel like you could sit all afternoon and completely switch off.

If you're ever in Brighton, do pay it a visit.

Where's your favourite place to get tea?







9 comments:

  1. Oh my, it makes me want to hop on a train to Brighton right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been here and it looks wonderful - I will be sure to check it out when I go back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - looks very close to my idea of perfection! I'll have to remember about this for next time I visit Brighton :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks gorgeous, can't believe I never went in my years of living there for Uni! Oh and my cat is called Blackie or Bwackums, or Mr B for short :p x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh this looks absolutely amazing! ox

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks so quaint! I never go to any tearooms, probably because there isn't one near to where I live...

    I haven't been to Brighton for years, though!
    Jules @ A Bit of Jules

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've fallen in love with this place. I love everything about it! Here, we mainly have cafes but no specific tearooms. Eep. But yes I absolutely adore the interior and the atmosphere (through the photos, of course) of your favorite place. It's lovely!

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this tea room is utterly devine wish we had such wonderful places like this where I live x

    http://thegypsyandthefox.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe I've never been there, it looks so cute. I'm definitely going there soon!

    I came across a blog post about a tea room that you might be interested in, it's called Yumchaa in Soho. I haven't been, but it sounds great from the post, lots of great varieties of tea! (http://ladylovescake.wordpress.com/2011/06/20/sohos-yumchaa/)
    A.x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for reading my blog and taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every comment, and promise to respond, so do leave a link to your blog! :)

Also, if you like what you read here, please do consider clicking Follow.

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...