Monday 16 May 2011

pull & bear / a little catch up and project



I've posted about Pull & Bear before - their lookbooks seem to be a weakness of mine, because I always love all of them. They're always beautifully shot and I love this hazy S/S 11 one in particular - the soft colours, the clothes, the composition... lovely!

Oh, and the photographer is the hugely talented Spaniard Txema Yeste - love all of his work. You can read more about him here, if you so wish!


~


How were your weekends? Mine was very lazy but lovely - it consisted mainly of eating lemon tart, watching Eurovision, eating pizza, drinking wine, eating quesadillas (yes, there was a lot of eating this weekend!), going to the cinema and going for nice walks around lakes. And generally lots of being lazy! I needed a relaxing weekend though, because this week's going to be hectic, with events and seeing friends and tutoring, oh and working of course...

I've also been booking time off for holidays this week, which means that I've been thinking about holiday outfits - which means I've been thinking about toning up a little bit. Let me clarify at this point that I'm not a girl who's obsessed with my weight or body - I don't weight myself or measure inches, typically - and I eat fairly healthily, although I do admit to being a chocoholic! Although I work 8 hours a day and am out of the house for a minimum of 11 hours a day during the week, I currently walk fifteen minutes each way to the station near me and then a further ten between the station in London and where I work at least one way, meaning that I get 40 minutes, at least, of exercise a day. Enough to be not completely unfit, probably, but hardly enough to tone up or make any real difference - but by the time I get home at 7:30pm at the earliest and eat, there's really no time to go to an exercise class or the gym (and I doubt I could be bothered to venture out the house again anyway, if I'm totally honest).

So. In an effort to tone up a little (emphasis here is, by the way, not on losing weight - I don't really care about that, but I just want to feel more toned and perhaps a little healthier), I've been inspired by the Where are my Knees girls and have decided to try Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred this month. I've been looking for a good exercise DVD for a while, and the good thing about this one is that it's an intense 20 minute workout that burns calories really quickly and mixes up cardio, strength and abs - so you get a bit of everything and hopefully do some good in a really short space of time; perfect for my commuting lifestyle! Today was my first day doing it, and so far, so good - I started on Level 1 which I found manageable in terms of my legs (did ballet for years, they're very strong) but a bit of a workout for my arms! I'll be letting you know how I get on though - and, for the purposes of this little exercising experiment, I've also taken measurements, so I can also keep track of any potential inches lost over the next 30 days.
Have you ever tried it? What exercise would you recommend for a busy lifestyle?

4 comments:

  1. Love these photographs! And that exercise program sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this exercise DVD too! Although I haven't used it in almost a year now...eek! I really struggle to find the time to exercise and the motivation to do something after getting in from work so late but you might have inspired me to stop being so lazy and take it back up again :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments!

    @ Charlotte - it's a good DVD isn't it! Let me know how you get on with it if you try it again :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personalizing a gift is one of the best ways of making a touching as well as cost effective present for our loved ones. Ten gift ideas under $20 include handmade box cards, homemade assorted chocolates, colorful watch bands, favorite potpourri, mounted cartoon strip, embroidered cushion, good luck bracelet, personalized journal, framed picture postcards and a teddy bear delivery. funny teddy bear names

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for reading my blog and taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every comment, and promise to respond, so do leave a link to your blog! :)

Also, if you like what you read here, please do consider clicking Follow.

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...