Monday 17 January 2011

fairytale



This is the beautiful work of photographer Tim Walker - isn't it gorgeous?

English Tim Walker was born in 1970 and his love of photography grew so much over his teenage years that he studied it at university, graduating with a BA (Hons) Photography degree from Exeter College of Art. After graduating, he worked as a freelance photography assistant in London and moved to New York to take up a job as a full-time assistant to Richard Avedon.
At the young age of 25, he shot his first fashion story for Vogue - and the rest, as they say, is history; he's regularly shot for the British, Italian and American editions ever since.

What I love about Tim Walker is that he's not afraid to be different. I know that a lot of photographers claim to be, but Tim Walker really is different - look at the creativity and the imagination behind his shots. And he appeals to me in particular because what he loves more than anything is ethereal, fairytale-inspired photography; the kind of photography that makes every model a princess and every girl want to be one. It transports you away to some kind of dream world - the perfect photographic escapism - and, to me, one of the greatest things about photography is its ability to transport its audience to somewhere else; somewhere dreamy; somewhere better than real life.


~

These are exactly the images I need to see during this drizzly week! What weather we're having (and how British I sound) - I'm longing for the days now where I can actually see some sunshine during the day, rather than going to and from work in the dark! Not too long now, surely?! :)
And how were your weekends? Mine was lovely and lazy - mainly involved relaxing with Richard, watching hour after hour of wonderful Tribe with Bruce Parry, and drinking just a little too much wine at a friend's birthday party on Saturday! Can't wait for next weekend already - I have drinks with friends, vintage shopping and London markets scheduled so think it will be a good one!



4 comments:

  1. I like how eccentric these shots are. They are indeed absolutely beautiful! I don't think I've ever come across anything close to this before. I like the effects of the balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing - these are beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them! They all seem slightly out of place but just right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for reading my blog and taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every comment, and promise to respond, so do leave a link to your blog! :)

Also, if you like what you read here, please do consider clicking Follow.

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...