Wednesday 19 January 2011

balham house




Time for a little interior inspiration from this house that I stumbled across the other day.
Called Balham House, it's used for photoshoots and as a filming location and you can really see why - it's got a real rustic charm, with some great touches like the lovely little pale lilac watering cans, despite actually being located in London!

It's the result of the vision of interiors stylist Catherine Woram and her architect husband, Michael Bains, who painstakingly turned the seven bedroom, three bathroom house into the gorgeous home it is now.
You can read more about the house, including a lovely interview with Catherine herself, over here.

I have to admit, I'm usually one for slightly more colour in houses - just a colourful feature here and there at least - but I really do love this house. So very pretty; it's obviously the result of a lot of hard work for both Catherine and Michael.
What do you think of it?

7 comments:

  1. Looks cool and all but I'd be afraid I'd just get everything dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait to buy a house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's lovely. I could never see myself living in a house so white though just because it would be so hard to keep clean!! And also like you I'd like a bit of colour thrown in here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very dreamy and pretty but I wouldn't even be able to walk through the door without dirtying up those walls and floors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous house! The light is beautiful and I love the accents of soft pink and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is gorgeous! I usually do agree w/ you on the color thing, too, but they totally made white work here with all the light.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for reading my blog and taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every comment, and promise to respond, so do leave a link to your blog! :)

Also, if you like what you read here, please do consider clicking Follow.

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...