A new year, and a new little feature on the blog that I'm trying out - the friday fives.
So the principle is this: I post five things in five categories, on a weekly basis, as a little online and offline round up of my week.
Starting with my 5 favourite photos, above, here's the rest of my favourite fives this week:
5 shopping finds
- Dresses by Ducie.co.uk - beautiful and simple.
- This gorgeous azure cameo from This Charming Girl's online store
- These vintage buttons from Buttoned Up Betsy
- A gorgeous, rose-adorned Lush bubble bar
- This mug from NikkiMade
5 blog posts
- Field of Dreams - an excellent new project from Bangs and a Bun and a must-read
- Gorgeous dresses and even more gorgeous dresses from Lobster and Swan
- My new vintage fashion blog find of the week, Strawberry Koi - do check out her blog if you haven't already
- 9626 Deventures - where two cousins, one living in Brisbane and one in Brooklyn, post a photo each day under the same theme, reflecting each others' lives
- Gorgeous wintry warmer photos from Fabric of My Life
- Arty, clever images from The Invisible Man
- 20 untranslatable words from around the world
- A gorgeous bedroom from Elle Decoration
- A man writes, wonderfully, to his future wife
- Gorgeous holiday getaway properties from The Landmark Trust
5 highlights of the week
- Booking tickets to see Carlos Acosta dance in Romeo and Juliet, in London in June this year
- The arrival of my boxset of Bruce Parry's Tribe
- Donating to a homeless charity, and having a feel-good smile on my face for having done so
- Seeing amazing film The King's Speech at the cinema
- Having a read of the amazing Philippa Gregory's latest book, The Red Queen.